Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Almost there!

This morning, I wondered what I would talk about when I finally become debt free. Payday is tomorrow and (God willing) I will finally be out of credit card debt. It feels fantastic, but I also realize that I have plenty left to do before I am anywhere near stable financial ground. May is my first month attempting to follow a real budget (rather than just tracking expenses…which I actually wasn’t very good at), and there is this pesky savings goal called an emergency fund that I must begin saving for. My new goal is to have $1000 saved up by early July, which is when I presume that my current job will be ending.

I wish that my debt-freedom could come in happier times, but the reality is that I must just keep looking ahead to those next goals – a new job and an emergency fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment