Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Couch to 5k: Day 1

I have finally decided to try the program that everyone has been raving about for so long. It calls for three sessions/week (fits in perfectly with my desire to work out 4 times per week) that last 20-30 minutes each.

Now, let me say that I am NOT a runner. It is something I have never been good at, although I have played sports virtually my entire life. However, I need to also say that I am not quite a ‘couch’ person either. I probably spend, on average, two to three hours per week at the gym.

So my initial impression of the program is two-fold. First of all, I am in better shape than the average beginner, and so these first few weeks are not going to be much of a challenge for me. That said, I loved being on a treadmill for 20 minutes and having something to follow along with. My usual habit is to jump on the treadmill and run until I can’t any longer – which, I promise you, was never 20 minutes. I may or may not jump ahead a few weeks to something that pushes me further…weeks 3 or 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment